Sunday, March 27, 2005

Bad Girls of the Bible at Jive

Date: Saturday, March 26th 2005
Venue: Jive
Time: 9pm door opens, 9.30-10pm gig start
Price: $7
Bands: Bad Girls of The Bible w/ Mirrorline + Pharaohs

Adelaide's own Bad Girls of The Bible had a launch for their 7" double A-side single release for 88 Keys / Simple Mistakes ($10 for the 2-track CD and "Czech-made" 7" red vinyl record) at Jive with fellow supports, Mirrorline and Pharaohs. I turned up just in time for the Pharaohs but people said Mirrorline (formerly known as J-DED, who I've seen a few times before) were impressive.


Anyway, the Pharaohs (who I've seen before as supports for The Shins and were previously reviewed) were extremely tight and they had catchy bass sounds. They were a "loud" band for a 3-piece but great none-the-less and the crowd seem to love them.

But like the support bands said, "The night is all about Bad Girls..." and the crowd agreed.



The crowd was buzzing for the local headliners. Dan Pash's vocals were great and the band were definitely tight. They played both 88 Keys and Simple Mistakes, some other crowd favourites and finished off with a Neil Young cover of Hey Hey, My My (which I've recently been listening to covered by Oasis; actually most Adelaide bands I've caught always cover Neil Young...).

Hightlights: Dan jumping into the crowd a couple of times during their instrumental track. Dan jumping on top of the head speakers during 88 Keys and falling back onto the stage. Oh, and Dan jumping onto the drum kit / drummer at the end of their set. Choreographed (or channeling Jarvis Cocker)? Maybe, but there was a lot of sway-jumping for a pretty short set.


Melodic. "Spontaneous". Impressive. Expect big things from Bad Girls of the Bible.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kevin Thow said...

Hello, i'm from Sydney and I'm a big fan of BGOTB, if a little impatient. I would like to get my hands on one of those BGOTB Vinyl/CD copies and I was wondering if you or someone you know could possibly track one down and send it over here to Sydney. I will pay for postage and everything.

Pls contact me at kevinthow@hotmail.com. CHEERS!!!

5:54 pm

 
Blogger Noranna said...

E-mail them at info@bgotb.com

They will be touring the east coast in early May so you can catch them on tour and buy off them BUT if you can't wait that long, e-mail them. If they don't e-mail you back in a few days, I'll give the band your e-mail address when I see them next :)

Its $10 for the red 7" vinyl (very retro class) and also the CD copy with the 2 tracks (88 Keys and Simple Mistakes).

6:28 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home