Monday, April 11, 2005

Music Recommendations Week 11/04/05


M83 - Before The Dawn Heals Us
This has quickly become my favourite album of 2005. Sure, its early but when a band like this that sounds like a cross between Air and Explosions In The Sky with a powerful concept / theme behind every track, something tells me this is going to be hard to top. Don't Save Us From The Flames is currently on high rotation on Triple J so, I bring you a download of my favourite instrumental track on the record, that's just adequately called *.
Official Website
Download track #6: * (1.9MB)


Fischerspooner - Odyssey
Glam disco pop rock. Yes, it's definitely time to dance. Previously five track mixed but still gets me all glitter-happy. Since I already featured Just let Go a month ago, I bring you another track that is a personal favourite, Never Win.
Official Website
Download track #3: Never Win (2.8MB)

Featured "past" music recommendation:

Explosions In The Sky - Those Who Tell The Truth Shall Die, Those Who Tell The Truth Shall Live Forever
Extremely underrated Texas instrumental rock band. So beautiful, so gorgeous... this album (released in 2001 near 11th September coincidently enough) should be in every music lover's record collection.
Official Website
Download track #1: Greet Death (6.5MB) via InSound

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home